Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888) was an American novelist best known as author of the novel Little Women and its sequels Little Men and Jo’s Boys.
Published in 1868, Little Women is set in the Alcott family home, Orchard House, in Concord, Massachusetts and is loosely based on Alcott’s childhood experiences with her three sisters.The Alcott family moved into Orchard House in 1858. In 1868, Louisa May wrote Little Women in her room on a special folding “shelf” desk built by her father. She wrote it over a period of about ten weeks.
Routine MattersI have always been fascinated by range of routines and rituals writers employ as part of their writing day together with their choice of a working environment. Welcome to Routine Matters.
You may have missed …
Can’t find something … have a rummage.
Some featured Writers
Thanks for dropping by.
- 36,045 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- W. Somerset Maugham
- Agatha Christie : The Queen of Crime
- Bic Biro ... secret agent (Part 1)
- Charles Bukowski ... so you want to be a writer!
- Kurt Vonnegut ... Creative Writing 101
- Maya Angelou ... Nothing will work unless you do... and a glass of sherry helps as well!
- Robert Falcon Scott ... Write to the end !
- Simone de Beauvoir ..
- Mr Twit's Odious Ale ...
- The writer must have a good imagination ...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets